Observing Unani Day
International Webinar on
“Unani Perspective in the Prevention & Management of Psychiatric Disorders”
World Unani Foundation, India
13th February, 2021
The focus of this International Webinar is basically to highlight the role of Unani System of Medicine in the prevailing situation of COVID-19 where many persons are suffering from Psychiatric Disorders. Due to the Covid-19 situation worldwide, there is a demand for AYUSH products and a good opportunity for the Unani industry to strengthen its base globally.
An effort is being made in the webinar on the potential of Unani System of Medicine in dealing with psychiatric disorders. Various speakers will speak on Prevention and management of Psychiatric Disorders in this webinar.
1. Dr DC Katoch – He is Adviser (Ayurveda) and Head of Drugs Control & Pharmacopoiea Commission in Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India and has about 36 years’ illustrious professional experience in clinical, academic, policy, planning and technical advisory fronts related to Ayurveda in particular and traditional medicine in general. He has represented India in many international delegations and is member of many technical committees and task forces set up by the Central and State Governments for policy and strategic decisions.
2. Prof Asim Ali Khan – He is the Director General of Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India. He is also a member of Board of Governors of CCIM and is responsible for the quality education, training and research in AYUSH systems of Medicine. He is basically a scholar of Unani Medicine and carries with him about three decades of varied experience of academics, research and administration. Prof. Khan is a dynamic personality and has a good vision for the development of Unani Medicine.He has been making concerted efforts for its promotion on national and international platforms for about thirty years now. He is very keen to expedite research & development activities in this system of medicine and take it to heights.
Previously, he has been associated with Jamia Hamdard (a Deemed University) at New Delhi as a professor of Unani Medicine having various academic and administrative responsibilities. As International Students’ Advisor, he has been instrumental in developing many academic and research collaborations at international level and spreading the knowledge of Unani Medicine to many countries. He has made significant contributions to scientific writing and has published more than 85 research papers, books, chapter in book and articles. He has been delivering lectures and presenting papers at various national and international platforms and paying visits to many countries across the globe for academic purposes. As Director General, Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine, he is guiding quality research and academics in unani medicine through 23 of its peripheral Institutions spread across the country. He has done/ played key role in several MoUs with many leading national and international Scientific organizations and Universities.
3. Prof Abdul Wadud – He is heading the National Institute of Unani Medicine, Bangaluru. He is also the chairman of the Unani Pharmacopoeia Committee, PCIM&H, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India. Prof Abdul Wadud did his MD in Ilmul Advia from Aligarh Muslim University. He has 22 years of experience in the field of Pharmacology and Pharmacognosy. An academician by profession with special interest in Medicinal Plants, Basic Principles of Ilmul Advia and History of Medicine, Prof. Abdul Wadud has more than two decades experience of teaching. He is having more than 42 publications in National and International Research Journals to his credit and has guided 31 Post Graduates of Ilmul Advia for their MD dissertation as guide. He is the author/co-author of four books and has translated four Unani Medical manuscripts from Persian to English. He is the Chief Editor of two Scientific Journals and Reviewer of dozen National and International Scientific Journals. He is also an eminent Unani expert of T.K.D.L. Project. He has fair knowledge of Urdu, Hindi, English, Persian and Arabic language.
He has presented many of his research works in National and International Conferences held across India. He has chaired six scientific sessions as chairperson/co-chairperson in National and International conferences. He has Organized International conference on Unani medicine, from tradition to evidence based medicine as Joint Organizing Secretary at NIUM. He was bestowed with “Best Teacher Award” from Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India towards his contribution in the field of Unani Medicine. Under his guidance NIUM is publishing two Journals and News Letters regularly namely ‘Journal of Research in Unani Medicine’ and ‘Tarjumane Tib’.
1. Prof Kunwar M Yusuf Amin – Prof. KMY Amin is a medical pharmacologist (MBBS, MD [Pharmacology]) & Professor in Pharmacology teaching Modern Pharmacology and Research Methods in the Faculty of Unani Medicine of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) to MD (Unani) students for the last 28 years and supervised Experimental & Clinical Pharmacological research on Unani Drugs in more than 50 MD(Unani), PhD & Post-Doctoral Projects in AMU, Hamdard University, New Delhi, National Institute of Unani Medicine, Bangalore etc. He is the Editor of 'Unani Medicus - An International Journal'. His area of interest and research are: (i)Experimental & Clinical Pharmacology of Unani Drugs & (ii) Philosophy of Unani Medicine. In Experimental Pharmacology he has conducted research for a large number of pharmacological actions including novel areas eg Nephroprotective Effect, De-addictive Effect, Adaptogenic Activity, Sexual Function Improving Effect etc. Currently he is concentrating on (i) Unani Anti-Arthritic Drugs & (ii) Molecular Mechanism of Action of various Unani Cardiovascular Drugs on Data Acquisition System. In Philosophy of Unani Medicine he is focusing on Holism of Unani Medicine: its meaning and the components of Unani Medicine that make it possible. He has stressed that supra-physical dimensions of man & drug discovered and manipulated by Unani Medicine are chiefly responsible for Holism and consequent radical cure & safety. He has clarified these issues by taking help of Traditional Philosophy & comparisons with Ayurveda. Such works have been published in books on Philosophy also.
2. Prof Rashid Bhikha – He is the founder and director of Ibn Sina Institue of Tibb, Soth Africa. Prof Bhikha began his career as a pharmacist in 1969. In 1997, he introduced Tibb to the South African region after researching different health therapies worldwide following a personal life trauma. He initiated the training of Unani-Tibb at the School of Natural Medicine at the University of the Western Cape in 2001. In 2004 he completed his doctorate in education exploring the integration of Unani-Tibb as a solution to meet the challenges facing healthcare in the country. Prof Bhikha is passionate about suitable and affordable medical delivery to all South Africans. He has dedicated his life to health provision and philanthropy and is actively involved in all aspects of the Ibn Sina Institute of Tibb. In addition to the many papers he has presented in International and National Conferences, he has authored numerous books. Prof Bhikha's dedication towards social upliftment earned him the Inyathelo Lifetime Philanthropy Award in 2009.
3. Prof Syeda Aamena Naaz – She is a Professor in the Deptt. of Amraz-e-Niswan wa Atfal Faculty of Unani Medicine, A.M.U, Aligarh. She has attended several International and National Conferences as well as Workshops and Free Medical Camps. She has been a Resource Person in various Training programmes and CMEs. She has chaired various scientific sessions of National Conferences. She has also audited the book received from National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India entitled “Amraz-e-Atfal” written by Hkm. Khursheed Ahmad Shafqat Azmi in June 1999. She has participated in Polio Eradication Programme in India organized by Indian National Polio Plus Committee and RID 3010 of Rotary International (2003) New Delhi. She has also participated in the community preparedness Programme on Developing Volunteers for disaster Mitigation at Delhi in August 2003. She has a Patent on HERBAL COMPOSITION FOR TREATING DISORDERS ASSOCIATED WITH MENOPAUSE which was Granted in December 2007. She is the Author of the book “The Natural Menopause” . She has 15 Research papers published in International Journals and around 40 Articles in National Journals.
4. Hakim M Salim Khan – He is the Director of Mohsin Health Clinic and Products, England, UK. He is also the Principal of College of Medicine and Healing Arts, UK. He has been helping patients and training students in Tibb (Unani Medicine) for over 40 years, in both the UK and the USA. He currently serves as President of 3 professional bodies: 1. The International Register for Consultant Herbalists (IRCH); 2. Guild of Naturopathic Iridologists International (IRCH) and 3. The Guild o Unani Tibb (TGU).
5. Dr Claudia Preckel – She obtained her M.A.in Oriental Studies from the Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany in 1997 with a study on the Begums of Bhopal. Afterwards, she specialised on the social networks of Ahl-e hadith movement, writing her dissertation on Sayyid Siddiq Hasan Khan, the Nawwâb of Bhopal. From 2008 until 2016, she worked as Research Assistant (Post-Doc) at the Department of Oriental and Islamic Studies, Ruhr-University Bochum. Her focus were developments in Tibb-e yûnânî duringthe 19th and 20th centuries, esp. the Hammâm, kushtasâzî or women in UnaniMedicine. Presently, she is working as an Intercultural Trainer, scholar and blogger on Mughal History and Unani Medine. She has written many books / articles such as Muslim Bodies: Body, Sexuality and Medicine in Muslim Societies, "Boy or Girl? Conception, planned children and fetal sex change in the Indian Kokashastra (19th-‐20th centuries), "'An Abundance of Yellow Bile'"–Monsoon and Disease in Urdu Literature", "Cinnabar, Calomel and the Art of kushtasāzī: Mercurial Preparations in Unani Medicine" and "Healing the People and the Princes: Hospitals, Ḥakīms and Doctors in Bhopal".
Inaugural Speech by:
Dr Mohammad Khalid - He is the Assistant Drugs Controller (Unani) and also Licensing Authority (Unani) in the Directorate of AYUSH, Govt. of NCT of Delhi. He did his MD from Dr NTR University of Life Sciences, Andhra Pradesh. He is a lecturer in Dept. of Ilmul Advia was Saidla in A&U Tibbia College, Delhi. He is Nodal officer and member of various Administrative and technical committees of State and Govt of India. He has presented papers and has trained in various National and International Seminars, workshops, conferences and webinars etc.
Vote of Thanks
Dr Younis Iftekhar Munshi – He is Scientist-4 & Head, Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine, CCRUM, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India. He is also Coordinator, Pharmaco-vigilance Center (Unani), Kolkata, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India. He has done his BUMS from SV University, Tirupati and his MD in Tahafuzi wa Samaji Tibb from Hamdard University in 2006. He Joined CCRUM in 1993 as Research Assistant and was elevated to Research Officer in 1996. He has worked in different capacities in CCRUM and presently heading RRIUM, Kolkata. He has completed various projects on Clinical Studies on different Unani Formulations. For the first time Dr Munshi started Clinical Studies on Leeching in CCRUM in 1995. It was for the first time in CCRUM that he started a project on Diet Therapy in Arthritis in 2006. At least 5 Papers written by him were accepted in different International Conferences in Iran, Israel, South Korea and USA. He has published 18 papers in different National and International Journals including PubMed and Google Scholar indexed Journals. He has presented almost 25 papers in different National and International Seminars/Conferences from time to time. He is a Regular Reviewer of Elsevier CTIM Journal, Nature (Scientific Report), Australian Journal of Ageing, European Journal of Nutraceuticals & Functional Foods etc. He was awarded “Nishan-e-Zohrawi” by Aisha Altenative Medicine & Regimenal Therapies Foundation (AAMRTF), Tilangana.
Welcome Address by:
Hakeem Mohsin Dehlvi – He is the Managing Director of Dehlvi Remedies Pvt. Ltd. since 1995, CEO of Dehlvi Naturals since 2006 and Business Associate of Dehlvi Ambar Herbals Pvt. Ltd., Kanpur. He has nearly 40 years of experience in Unani Medicine. It was in the year 1982 that he joined his family business of manufacturing Unani Medicines. Hakim Mohsin Dehlvi is the President of “World Unani Foundation” 2012 and has organized / co-organized many CME’s, workshop and National and International Conferences in different parts of India. He is also the Managing Trustee of ‘Dehlvi National Foundation’ that does charity work. Hakim Mohsin Dehlvi is the Member of Ayurvedic, Siddha and Unani Drugs Technical Advisory Board (ASUDTAB), Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India since April, 2015 and a Member of the Scientific Body, Pharmacopoeia Commission for Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India since April, 2019. He is also the General Secretary, Unani Drugs Manufacturers Association (UDMA). Hakim Mohsin Dehlvi has participated in many Panel Discussions in National and International Conferences. During the pandemic Hakim Mohsin Dehlvi has participated in various National and International Webinars as a Speaker / Panelist and has also organized International Webinars on various topics on Unani.
- Prior registration is mandatory.
- After registration, you will receive the link / webinar ID to join the session.
- The webinar would be conducted online on the Zoom Platform. Please install Zoom before clicking the link.
- Once you have the link, click to join the session.
- Kindly note, the session will be opened when the host starts the session. Until then you will see a message “Please wait for the host to start this webinar”
- Ensure stable internet connection
- Check your speakers/headset before the commencement of the session
Date: 13 February, 2021 (Saturday)
Time: 6.00pm- 8.30pm (Indian Standard Time)